Salesforce recently acquired Slack in a mega, USD27.7B deal, making it the CRM giant’s most recent acquisition. Slack is a channel-based messaging platform.
With Slack, people can work together more effectively, connect all their software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work — all within a secure, enterprise-grade environment.
However, Slack being a messaging software, you would wonder why Salesforce acquired it yet in Salesforce we have Chatter. The vision of Salesforce Chatter was to make it easy to collaborate on a specific account or opportunity.
The idea was to have a collaborative feed that could help companies work together to close more deals, share tribal knowledge, and improve the customer experience that worked seamlessly across devices.
The simplest and easiest way to integrate the two systems is through Salesforce AppExchange, the product marketplace of Salesforce where free and paid apps are available for download for the users.
The Salesforce Slack integration will allow users to interact in real time between Slack and Salesforce Chatter, thus maximizing team involvement and productivity.
But with the integration of Slack to Salesforce, users will have the accessibility to search for leads, contacts and the records directly into the Slack platform without switching over to Salesforce.
The most important features of Slack is that it can be integrated very easily and powerfully with other external applications.
Customer response rate improves as productivity increases.
Users Achieve goals efficiently as the coordination among the teams improve.
What you can Do with Slack and Salesforce Integration
- Users directly share ideas, views and files with their teams and within the organization, while automatically sharing the Salesforce object relevant to the communication.
- Users don’t have to leave Salesforce to participate or get involved with the rest of the organization, thus acquiring important time saving factor in achieving their goals.
- Users can view the messages in Slack when any event happens inside Salesforce.
- Real-time engagement among employees and between customers and employees helps in better customer satisfaction ratio.
- Users can have access to Salesforce reports and Dashboards through Slack Channels.
- Users can create and edit Salesforce objects from Slack platform.